Sunday, February 21, 2010

air conditioning runoff

 

So, water leaks out of air conditioners (does it do this back home? am I that oblivious) and it either drips onto the street (and everyone's head) or people take long hoses and collect the runoff in a jug. There was a 10 liter jug on my balcony to serve that purpose. I would run the air conditioner only at night--maybe 6 or 7 hours--and the jug would fill up and then the water would come through the air conditioner and drip onto my floor and I would wake up to a flood--the bottom of my curtains would be wet, the puddle would extend about three feet into the room, under the bed, and it was my one freakout of the trip. Martin, from the Academia, came over and took the tubing out of the jug and told me to just let the water flood the balcony and ever since my floors have been dry. Previously, my landlord told me it was impossible that so much water could be generated in one night, but I documented the morning water with photos. He said that soon "the humility' would be gone and I would not have any more floods. I'm on floor 10, which is 11 by our standards, and so far no one has complained, at least not to me.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
Three amazing cats. One ongoing amazing adventure.