Tuesday, March 9, 2010
A frequent event
People marching down Av. de Mayo. They happen to be crossing Av. 9 de Julio at this point. One color brigade on either side of the Av. I was headed toward the volunteer house and ended up a bit ahead of them--it takes a long time to march with banners and drums. And drums there were--they drowned out our orientation meeting so that we had to close the windows. Another march that I know of is taking place tomorrow. I know this because Natalie and I went to teach today and we could not find anyone we knew...and then were told that they were 'painting the street'. Berta & Johan asked if we wanted to see their accomplishment so we followed them (Berta was covered with paint on her hands and her clothes) to a convergence of underpass and empty lot. In Argentinian blue & white they had painted huge slogans in support of the President. The parade was going to end up going down Av. de Mayo--at the end of it is the Plaza Congreso. Later a friend told me that if they were in support of Christina, that meant they were receiving government funds. I won't be able to watch this parade as I'll be dealing with the government in another capacity that I'll write about later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(55)
-
▼
March
(13)
- 24 Marzo
- revelations
- And behind door number 3
- One of my favorite things about this neighborhood...
- This guy was really passionate about his guitar p...
- This is Defensa (one of the streets in San Telmo)...
- My part of town is a little less ritzy than most....
- I have a whole series of shots like this. I just...
- This is Eva and her family's crypt. As you can s...
- Some very nice people--a friend of the girlfriend...
- A frequent event
- Getting ready for day two
- Yikes, starting my project without much ado!
-
▼
March
(13)


This looks like a hoot
ReplyDelete