Some very nice people--a friend of the girlfriend of a guy I once sat next to in yoga class and her son--spent several hours walking me around their neighborhood. They live in Barrio Norte, which is right next to Recoleta, one of the swankier parts of town. And this is a picture of Cementerio de la Recoleta...a very organized grid of roads with crypts along the way. It reminded me of New Orleans. Ric, the son, is still in school and only speaks a bit of English but he gave me the historic tour...we save the graves of men who had led various revolutions. It seemed as if there were too many monuments so I asked him if Argentina was always in revolt and he said yes. He scoffed at the grave of Evita. I couldn't even get close to it but I managed to capture a picture of a plaque that I will put up.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Some very nice people--a friend of the girlfriend of a guy I once sat next to in yoga class and her son--spent several hours walking me around their neighborhood. They live in Barrio Norte, which is right next to Recoleta, one of the swankier parts of town. And this is a picture of Cementerio de la Recoleta...a very organized grid of roads with crypts along the way. It reminded me of New Orleans. Ric, the son, is still in school and only speaks a bit of English but he gave me the historic tour...we save the graves of men who had led various revolutions. It seemed as if there were too many monuments so I asked him if Argentina was always in revolt and he said yes. He scoffed at the grave of Evita. I couldn't even get close to it but I managed to capture a picture of a plaque that I will put up.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(55)
-
▼
March
(13)
- 24 Marzo
- revelations
- And behind door number 3
- One of my favorite things about this neighborhood...
- This guy was really passionate about his guitar p...
- This is Defensa (one of the streets in San Telmo)...
- My part of town is a little less ritzy than most....
- I have a whole series of shots like this. I just...
- This is Eva and her family's crypt. As you can s...
- Some very nice people--a friend of the girlfriend...
- A frequent event
- Getting ready for day two
- Yikes, starting my project without much ado!
-
▼
March
(13)


No comments:
Post a Comment